At Change Matrix,
We are saddened by the deaths of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery, Tony McDade, and countless other black and brown people who have been unjustly harmed or killed for the color of their skin;
We are outraged that such blatant racism runs deep in our communities, and that our country’s many systems – physical and mental healthcare, early childhood, education, housing, food, criminal justice, and so on – echo this racism by producing racially disparate outcomes;
We stand in solidarity with the black and brown families against police brutality and systemic racism;
We are concerned for our friends, families, colleagues, and fellow community members that racial and ethnic discrimination will not end in this country, if we do not take action in a collective and meaningful way; and
We are hopeful that the events of the past few weeks have sparked a turning point in our country’s long history of white privilege, hate, and trauma.
Equity is a core value of who we are and the work we do in Change Matrix. We believe equity is achieved when everyone, regardless of who they are or where they come from, has the opportunity to thrive. Equity requires acknowledging root causes of inequities, eliminating barriers, lifting community strengths, and relentlessly pursuing justice. As such, we at Change Matrix have been and will remain committed to the values that guide our work with others and the day-to-day operation of our company:
- Justice and Equity. We strive for justice and equity for all people in all environments.
- Culture and Diversity. We acknowledge and learn from the histories and experiences of others to shape our understanding of culture and diversity.
- Relationships. We build strong relationships based on trust, empathy, and compassion.
- Family. We value and prioritize families – both those we serve and our own.
- Community. We honor strengths-based, self-determination of individuals, families, and communities.
- Excellence and Accountability. We are inspired to bring our best selves to all of our work, and we aim for excellence.
We invite you to join us in lifting up the voices of others and lending your own voice to system change efforts aimed at achieving true equity and justice. Together we can make a difference.