Leadership is unlocking people’s potential to become better. A leader’s job is to look into the future and see the organization not as it is, but as it should be.
Being a leader in times of economic swings, shifting demographics, and changing roles and functions is challenging at best. In complex systems, the leader is required to develop awareness, knowledge, and skills to differentiate between technical solutions and strategies, and those that require us to adapt and shift values, beliefs, attitudes, behaviors and practices. The leader must also engage others in identifying the adaptive work at multiple levels (individual, organizational, and systems) and evaluate the impact of his or her efforts.
Change Matrix provides comprehensive training for leaders functioning in complex systems. The partners at Change Matrix can also provide on-going coaching support for leaders as they address and assess the adaptive challenges. We support leaders to:
- Identify personal leadership challenges
- Identify organizational leadership challenges, such as integrating cultural and linguistic competence, addressing disparities, youth and family engagement
- Develop awareness, knowledge, and skills to identify their roles, define change strategies and build the capacity of their organization
- Identify shifts in values, beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors needed to move through complacency and resistance
- Develop strategic and implementation plans for addressing systems change
- Evaluate actions and progress based on identified goals and objectives
- Planning in times of turbulence and chaos