Of all the forms of inequality, injustice in health is the most shocking and the most inhuman.
Health (physical and behavioral) disparities are noted by a variety of experts as significant barriers to health for much of America. The causes and effects of disparities are complex, and there is little consensus about appropriate responses.
Change Matrix has proven experience in working with communities to address cultural and linguistic competence, health inequities and disparities, cross-cultural communication, and leadership. We provide the following support:
- Facilitate cross-cultural dialogue around the disparities and inequities that exist between and within different cultural groups
- Identify determinants of health that impact disparities and inequities in diverse communities
- Identify strategies to address barriers to service access and utilization
- Develop strategic and implementation plans to change systems and develop policies to eliminate health inequities
- Understand, build, and evaluate culturally and linguistically competent practices and organizations
- Facilitate connections between communities doing promising work to eliminate disparities and ensure equity