Change Matrix will be the new managing partner of Annie E Casey’s Advancing Collaborative Evaluation (ACE) Network and Leaders in Equitable Evaluation and Diversity (LEEAD) Initiatives!
Change Matrix is committed to seeking mission-aligned work that advances opportunities for underrepresented groups; addresses root causes of social injustice, systemic racism, and other inequities; and builds power in communities and groups to address equity. We understand that there is a need to shift the way we approach inquiry, expand who conducts research and evaluation, translate our knowledge into resilience-oriented thinking, and promote bold actions to build stronger, healthier communities.
As such, we are thrilled to have the opportunity to manage two signature initiatives that align with our CM vision and mission:
- The Advancing Collaborative Evaluation (ACE) Network is currently a program of the Casey Foundation’s Expanding the Bench® initiative, which aims to increase diversity within the Foundation’s current pool of expert researchers and evaluators. Expanding the Bench was created from a fundamental belief that increasing diversity in the field of research and evaluation improves our knowledge base and makes for better science and social innovation. Diversity promotes creative thinking by expanding a group’s capacity for viewing issues or problems from multiple perspectives and vantage points.
The Foundation has also formed an ACE network of nearly 100 independent evaluators and evaluation firm leaders from historically underrepresented racial and ethnic groups. Change Matrix has been an ACE Network members since their first Call for Qualifications in 2014.
- Leaders in Equitable Evaluation and Diversity (LEEAD) is an evaluation training program designed to develop a pipeline of diverse leaders in equitable evaluation who will advance the field of evaluation and improve the life outcomes of children, families and communities. LEEAD is based on the fundamental belief that increasing diversity in the field of research and evaluation improves our knowledge base and makes for better science and social innovation.
LEEAD supports talented researchers in their pursuits of careers in culturally responsive and equitable evaluation through an intensive nine-month implementation of three essential components:
1) A six-month online evaluation training curriculum with a core professional development course
2) Ongoing mentorship from senior experts and peers in evaluation
3) A three-month practicum at an evaluation organization, think tank, or private firm
The core values of LEEAD are equity, diversity, leadership, and excellence.
Since the initiative began in 2014, the LEEAD program has recruited, screened, trained and supported more than 30 evaluators from underrepresented communities.
As the new managing partner, Change Matrix looks forward to bringing our insight, experience, and innovation to grow and sustain both of these important efforts.